Every time I start to take ablution, I would wash my hands first with soap and then rinse my mouth with water. I really didn’t like the taste of the water after washing my hands with soap because I could taste the fragrance and all the other stuff in it. Try it. Wash your hands with one of those commercialised, fragranced soaps and after rinsing off all the soap and suds, rinse your mouth with some water. If you don’t taste the nastiness I tasted, then you’re all good.
Since I started with No Poo, it just seemed natural to go with natural soap too. I read every ingredient on every natural looking bar soap I encountered and I tried the pure olive oil bar soap, the olive oil soap with other natural ingredients mixed in and coconut oil with palm oil soap.
– I did not like the pure olive oil bar soaps I tried because they smelled awful when wet and the bathroom would have this annoying smell when wet and dry.
– The olive oil soaps with other natural ingredients mixed in smelled better but they would still have that distinct awful olive oil soap smell. And yes, the bathroom too.
– The coconut oil with palm oil soaps didn’t have any smell and I really liked them a lot!
– These natural bar soaps were great for washing hands with and when followed by rinsing my mouth with water, there was no nasty taste.
– I buy my coconut oil with palm oil soap from Radiant. You can easily find this at Village Grocer’s organic section in Bangsar Village I.